Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Twinkle-Toes?

My eyes flew open this morning right before the alarm went off at 5:30 A.M.
Some people are morning people. I am not one of those people.
Nevertheless, I showered and got ready for the day and headed to Fort Worth where I was covering 8:00 A.M. and 2:00 P.M. appointments for a vacationing program advisor.
I slept in the truck between appointments...
Neither prospect wanted to enroll today. Each one suggested May would be a better month...
In my mind, I screamed, so why did you have me drive to Fort Worth to see you TODAY!
But I smiled and simply said I would call them back in May and wished them a good day.
I stepped lightly out their doors each time and down the sidewalk to my truck and finally drove back home from Fort Worth.
I dragged myself up the stairs, up to my attic lair to hibernate and soothe my deflated ego.
I feel a nap coming on.
The one saving grace of the day: Fort Worth is the home of Railhead Barbecue :):):)

No comments: