Thursday, February 18, 2010

Here, Birdie, Birdie, Birdie...

One of the things that has suffered since moving to the attic is my ability to diet, not that I ever had much ability, but we will pretend for the sake of today's post.

Between being a road warrior with my sales job (think lots of fast food), coming home to the excellent cooking of my daughters-in-law, and the delights of my new little dorm fridge, I have managed to gain a couple more pounds. This is seriously not a good thing, and causes me more than a little grief.

Tonight I opened my scriptures with thoughts of dieting in mind (doesn't everyone read scriptures when they think of dieting)? Of course that could be because thoughts of missing a meal scares the "heck" out of me, but I digress...

Psalms 124:7-8 leapt out at me: Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers; the snare is broken, and we are escaped. Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth. My mind immediately visualized me as a bird (albeit a fat one), breaking free from the net and flying upwards. And the net? It was made from strings of words: McDonald's, Wendy's, Whataburger. So maybe the fabulous cooking of my daughters-in-law is not the problem here. What do you think?

1 comment:

The Coxes said...

I'd much rather eat Marie-or-Katie cooking than something from a sack! :)